Designed as a Crossover the CACTUS offers a few features unique in the marketplace. It’s light weight design & construction combined with a choice of fuel efficient engines offers outstanding fuel economy in its class – in fact it competes with most hybrid vehicles.
The other most obvious feature is the ‘Airbumps’ integrated into the door panels. This feature is to help combat those pesky shopping trolley and car door impacts. They are available in three colours and can be combined with any colour available in the C4 Cactus range.
OPTIMISED BODY MASS
The C4 Cactus weighs around 200 kg less than the CITROËN C4, a feat achieved by forthright design choices:
- a compact, lightweight platform
- latest-generation, low-capacity engines
- and, above all, bold design options including an aluminium bonnet and hinge-opening rear windows.
The reduced body mass of the C4 Cactus was also achieved through innovations such as the optional sunblind-free panoramic glass roof with advanced heat protection and the Magic Wash wiper system.
PURETECH TURBO PETROL
Award-winning PureTech turbo petrol engine
The PureTech turbo petrol engine cuts fuel consumption and CO2 emissions by around 18% compared with previous generation engines, with no trade-off in performance. This engine uses cutting-edge technology and are both responsive and fuel-efficient.
This engine develops maximum power of 81kW @ 5500rpm with torque of 205Nm @ 1500rpm. Mated to the 5-speed manual gearbox with “Stop & Start” technology using a reinforced starter, it produces combined consumption of just 4.7l/100km and 107g/km of CO2 emissions.
The PureTech turbo petrol engine has won back-to-back International Engine of the Year award in its category (1.0 – 1.4 litre) in 2015 and 2016.
E-HDI TURBO DIESEL
The e-HDi turbo engine has taken a new step towards a cleaner diesel. It delivers maximum power of 68kW @ 4000rpm and torque of 230Nm @ 1750rpm.
This engine is mated to a 6-speed semi-automatic gearbox, including “Stop & Start” technology. The combined fuel consumption is an incredibly low 3.6l/100km with CO2 emissions of just 94g/km.
CITROËN offer outstanding value with a host of features included as standard:
- 81kW PureTech turbo petrol Stop&Start with 5 speed manual, or
- 68kW turbo diesel Stop&Start with 6 speed semi-automatic
- 7-inch touch screen
- Electronic owner’s manual
- 17-inch diamond cut ‘Cross’ alloy wheels
- Black Airbump®
- Steering wheel controls
- Automatic air conditioning
- Auto lights and wipers
- Magic wash system
- Reversing camera
- Rear parking sensors
- 12V socket in cabin
- DAB+ digital radio
- Bluetooth™ + USB
- eMyWay satellite navigation
- LED daytime running lights
- Front fog lights with cornering function
- ‘Top Box’ dashboard storage compartment
- Front cup holder
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Driver, front passenger, front lateral and curtain airbags
- Tyre pressure monitor
- Two rear ISOFIX mounting points
- Electronic child locking
- Grey Airbump®
- Dune Airbump®
- Chocolate Airbump®
- White door mirrors
- Red door mirrors
- Gloss black rear insert with chocolate ‘Cactus’ lettering
- Gloss black rear insert with grey ‘Cactus’ lettering
- Red rear insert with black ‘Cactus’ lettering
- White rear insert with black ‘Cactus’ lettering
- Gloss white roof bars
- Thermally insulated panoramic sunroof
- 17-inch black ‘Cross’ alloy wheels
Intuitive, simple to use interior and dashboard with clever storage compartments.
(left hand drive European model shown)